Insights into Local Advertising – Financial Vertical
The vertical report, “Insights in Local Advertising – Financial Vertical,” examines local media spending trends and consumer media usage habits in the financial sector. This includes information on Accounting Firms, Commercial Banks, Savings Institutions, Credit Unions, Securities Brokerage Firms, and Portfolio Management Firms. The report is part of a series designed to help local media organizations understand the media spending trends and behaviors of advertisers within key vertical industries, as well as how consumer media consumption behavior drives marketing spend allocation.
Number of Pages: 22
The report “Insights in Local Advertising – Financial Vertical,” examines traditional and digital/online advertising for the financial industry and offers the following analysis:
- Profiles the financial ad spending by media for 2015 and 2019 to reveal growth and declines.
- Outlines spending within the industry’s subcategories: Accounting Firms, Commercial Banks, Savings Institutions, Credit Unions, Securities Brokerage Firms, Portfolio Management Firms.
- Examines media’s impact on how consumers search for, purchase and maintain relationships with financial institutions, as well as how consumer behavior affects marketing and media spend.
- Examines the ad spend in the top 10 U.S. markets.
- Addresses technological innovation and regulation impacting the Financial sector.
- Provides a Media Ad View Local Advertising Dashboard for Financial that profiles the nationwide spending for the six Financial subcategories discussed in the report.
- Delivers comprehensive take-aways for both media companies and platform solution providers that offer actionable advice on where businesses should focus their efforts within the financial vertical.
The data featured in the report is drawn from BIA/Kelsey’s Annual U.S. Local Media Forecast, Local Commerce Media™ (LCM) survey of SMB advertising and marketing spending activities and Media Ad View Plus Reports that track ad spending across media categories, ad categories and verticals.
Figures and tables featured in the report include:
- Total Financial Local Advertising: 2014 – 2019
- 2015 Distribution of Financial Advertising Spending by Media
- 2019 Financial Advertising Spending by Local Media
- Distribution of Online Spending by Type in 2015
- 2015 Per Capita Financial Advertising Spending in the Top Ten Markets
Who should read this report?
- Marketers and Sales Leaders in Media and Financial Services Companies
- Marketing Platform Developers
- Media Leaders seeking a strategic approach to Financial firms and marketers
- Media Sales Professionals
- Analysts, Investors and Journalists
“The financial services market is poised for significant growth over the next five years, but is also set to endure a period of intense innovation as financial technology companies attract capital and impact consumer behavior.”
Dr. Mark Fratrik
SVP and chief economist BIA/Kelsey