The fifth in a series of reports examining advanced TV, the report “ADVANCED TV: Industry Views on Progress & New Directions” focuses on the areas of advanced TV were work is occurring and where more needs to be completed.
Included in the report is BIA/Kelsey’s local video and local digital advertising forecasts to examine opportunities for both traditional media players as incumbent seeking to protect their role in the market and newer pure plays gaining increasing traction in local media budgets.
The paper features interviews with a panel of industry experts from key companies, including: AudienceXpress, Discovery (Discovery Engage), FreeWheel, Sinclair Broadcast Group, TiVo, Tremor Video.
Panel of experts interviewed in the report:
- Brian Wallach, SVP/Chief Revenue Officer, AudienceXpress
- Steve Silvestri, VP, Advanced Advertising, Discovery
- James Rothwell, VP Global Agency, Brand and Industry Relations, FreeWheel
- Robert Malandra, SVP, Advanced Revenue Development & Analytics, Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Walt Horstman, SVP/GM Analytics and Advertising, TiVo
- Tim Ware, VP, Advanced TV, Tremor Video
“Advanced TV has tech stacks and business processes that evolved separately to serve the needs, characteristics, and capabilities of the linear TV (e.g., broadcast and MVPD) and digital video (e.g., OTT, AVOD). As marketers and agencies want more cross-platform campaign planning, activation and evaluation, these stacks and business processes must work better together. Capital investment, innovation and change is coming to the local TV marketplace and trading in data-driven audience targeting, or Advanced TV, solutions. These are the important topics we are analyzing in this latest installment of reports on advanced TV.”
Rick Ducey, report author and managing director, BIA/Kelsey
- Rick Ducey, Managing Director, BIA/Kelsey
- Mitch Oscar, Director of Programmatic TV Strategy, USIM and Executive Industry Adviser, BIA/Kelsey