Looking Ahead to Programmatic in Local TV in 2016
BIA/Kelsey’s insight report “Looking Ahead to Programmatic in Local TV in 2016” examines the promise of programmatic advertising in local TV, a relatively new part of the programmatic marketplace.
This report includes a brief historical perspective of programmatic TV and features interviews with a panel of industry experts drawn from agencies, data firms and platform companies. Read this report to examine the efficiency programmatic can bring to the buying and selling of TV inventory and identify potential impediments to success.
The promise of programmatic advertising in local TV is detailed in the 25 page paper, “Looking Ahead to Programmatic in Local TV in 2016.”
The paper includes a brief historical perspective of programmatic TV and examines its core value proposition of adding efficiency and accuracy to the buying and selling of TV inventory.
The paper features interviews with a panel of industry experts from agencies, data firms and platform companies. The panel provides answers to a dozen questions, including:
- How do you view programmatic TV sales in terms of its compatibility with the existing approaches of traditional buying and selling?
- What is your opinion on programmatic TV’s acceptance at advertising agencies?
- How soon do you think programmatic TV buying will have an impact on TV commercial inventory purchasing?
- What are the opportunities in the programmatic TV realm for data companies?
Also included in the report are highlights of current platforms including: Placemedia, Videology, Clypd, Turn, TubeMogul, One by AOL (formerly AdapTV), AudienceXpress, AdMore, Media Ocean, Rocket Fuel, Cadent Networks, Videa, WideOrbit, comScore-Rentrak, TiVo/TRA, Experian, Epsilon, 4C, Nielsen, 4C, Epsilon, Acxiom, Sinclair, Experian, The Trade Desk, and NCC’s Audience Plus.
Panel of Experts Interviewed in the Report:
- Brett Adamczyk, Vice President, Business Development and Strategy, Videa
- Brad Danaher, Television Partnership Director, Experian Marketing Services
- Dot DiLorenzo, EVP, Director of Planning, U.S. International Media
- Chris Raleigh, Chief Commercial Officer, placemedia
- Judd Rubin, Vice President, Revenue Development, STRATA
- Steven Walsh, Executive Vice President, Local Markets, comScore
- Rob Weisbord, COO, Sinclair Digital Group
- Russell Zingale, President, Eastern Region, U.S. International Media
- Rick Ducey, Managing Director, BIA/Kelsey
- Mitch Oscar, Director of Programmatic TV Strategy, USIM and Executive Industry Adviser, BIA/Kelsey
“The local TV industry is developing a new personality based on an emerging set of solutions and initiatives around data-driven audience targeting advertising, among which is programmatic. In our report, we focus on programmatic TV advertising in the local DMA – a relatively new domain within the programmatic marketplace.”
Rick Ducey, report author and managing director, BIA/Kelsey