The Position of Local Radio Stations: Trends for 2016 & Beyond
Offering an in-depth assessment of the radio industry, BIA/Kelsey’s State of the Industry Report on Radio 2016 examines how the radio industry maintains a prominent position in the local marketplace despite challenges from competition from digital and slowing over-the-air ad revenues.
The report examines advertiser satisfaction, audience demographics, off-air advertising offers, local station revenue history and industry revenues in context of all local media that compete for advertising spending.
The state of the radio industry is detailed in the 30 page paper, “The Position of Local Radio Stations: Trends for 2016 & Beyond.”
The report delivers a comprehensive assessment of the radio industry and is a useful resource for anyone focused on the trends and direction of local radio, including radio groups and financial institutions and companies building interactive digital solutions being embraced by the industry.
The report includes the following analysis and information:
- The overall local radio station industry advertising growth
- Radio’s position in the new media marketplace
- Audience shares and revenue histories of local radio stations
- Radio advertiser trends and buying habits
- Competition for advertisers
- Technology changes in radio, including HD Radio, NextRadio, FM translators and streaming
- Competitive threats to local radio stations
- Station trading activity, including prices and values of stations and public companies
“The radio industry has adapted to incredible competition from all sides, with digital, streaming and other audio competitors taking audiences. Yet local radio remains in the top five media and is proving itself capable of delivering compelling multi-channel services that help its local advertisers navigate beneficial promotional opportunities.”
Mark Fratrik, chief economist and report author, BIA/Kelsey
Social Sharing Goes Local$495.00 Add to cart
Local Television Stations: Maintaining an Important Presence in 2016 & Beyond$295.00 Add to cart
Publish or Perish: A CMO Roadmap for Managing, Systematizing and Optimizing the Marketing Content Supply Chain$2,495.00 Add to cart
Mobile Local Discovery: The Next Era of Search$495.00 Add to cart