Selling Advertising to Local Businesses
Selling advertising to businesses can be a complex. Using BIA’s proprietary data this report recommends key products and strategies for selling both traditional and digital advertising to local businesses of all sizes. Our Survey of Advertising and Marketing Behaviors of businesses tracks what businesses buy now and in the future along with their budget for ad media. With local businesses using 9-20 different paid media to reach customers, this report will help you navigate and guide your clients to optimal ad products and campaigns. BIA’s report discusses businesses’ opinions about working with salespeople and how they utilize sales people in deciding when and what advertising to buy. This report is key for sellers of any types of media working with businesses, including agencies. Filled with data and selling insights this report can help sales managers and teams perfect their selling strategies or uncover new product opportunities.
BIA’s data in this report includes local businesses current and future usage and spend on advertising on more than 45 different media platforms, which fall into these 10 top-level advertising and marketing groups:
- Online advertising (e.g., search, display)
- Traditional advertising (e.g., direct mail, newspapers)
- Broadcast advertising
- Promotional advertising (website, video, blogs, social pages)
- Mobile advertising (e.g., search, SMS, display)
- Social advertising (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, promoted tweet)
- Local directories advertising (print and online)
Who Should Buy Selling to Local Businesses?
- Executives in charge of marketing and/or product development targeted to businesses
- Senior leaders evaluating opportunities in the small business marketplace
- Any executive with a role in selling digital or direct mail products
- Anyone focused on the trends and direction of businesses and their future advertising activities