Advertisers often use between 9-20 different paid media to reach customers and they are extremely focused on personalized, targeted communications.
There’s a heavy obligation on ad sellers to successfully demonstrate how their channel reaches the right customers throughout the buying process in a manner that can be tracked.
The data in this report specifically examines how to sell traditional and digital media to large, medium and small local businesses. It includes local businesses’ current and future advertising usage and spend intentions on more than 45 different media platforms, which fall into these top-level advertising and marketing groups:
- Traditional advertising (TV, radio, direct mail, newspapers)
- Mobile advertising (mobile-location aware and location targeted ads, SMS, display)
- Social advertising (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, promoted tweet)
- Promotional advertising (websites, video, blogs, social pages)
- Online advertising (search, display)
- Local directories advertising (print and online)
The report also discusses businesses’ opinions about working with salespeople and how they utilize sales people in deciding when and what advertising to buy.
The report contains 40+ charts with accompanying sales strategies prepared by BIA’s expert analyst team.
If your goal is to navigate and guide your clients to purchase optimal ad products and campaigns, this report gives you the insights necessary to succeed.
Who Should Buy Selling to Local Businesses?
- Executives in charge of marketing and/or product development targeted to businesses
- Senior leaders evaluating opportunities in the small business marketplace
- Any executive with a role in selling digital or direct mail products
- Anyone focused on the trends and direction of businesses and their future advertising activities
About U.S. SAM™ Survey
The U.S. SAM Survey is BIA’s proprietary annual survey of all local and multi-location/regional and national businesses that target local audiences in their advertising and marketing. The survey uses a sample of 1,500 businesses of all sizes doing local advertising and promotions, including local, regional and national businesses.
The survey data is available through BIA’s local advertising dashboard, BIA ADVantage, where the full survey can be viewed and exported in a downloadable format. Reports available for individual sale can be viewed here.