Home and Trade Service Businesses: Advertising and Marketing Trends
Home and trade services such as locksmiths, home remodelers, plumbers, and electricians value leads and, through advertising channels, the ability to gain new customers. BIA’s report on home and trade services businesses profiles the advertising and marketing behaviors of this group. Understand what traditional channels are their highest investment along with digital like social and mobile. Along with what advertising they use and spend on, this report also uncovers opportunity in their future use of both traditional and digital channels. Find out where they will be spending in the future. In the report we provide analysis on the trends in marketing and promotions of home and trade small businesses. Sales teams will benefit from the profiling of home and trade services businesses to help them sell the right advertising products to this group. Agencies can get a better understanding of home and trade services businesses their cross channel needs as well as what they are willing to pay for in agency services. Franchisors can understand the needs of this group from a marketing support perspective.
Included in the report on home and trade services small businesses is key data from BIA’s SAM Survey of Marketing and Advertising Behaviors of Local businesses. BIA’s survey tracks more than 55+ different advertising products and services that roll up into these 10 top-level groups:
Online advertising (e.g., search, display ads, blogs) Traditional advertising (e.g., direct mail, newspapers) Print and online coupons Broadcast advertising Video advertising (e.g., website videos, YouTube) Mobile advertising (e.g., search, SMS, display) Social advertising (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, promoted tweet) Print and digital directory advertising ‘
Who Should Read This Report?
- Executives in charge of marketing and/or product development targeted to home and trades services like plumbers, electricians, construction, landscaping and HVAC.
- Senior leaders evaluating opportunities in the local consumer leads marketplace.
- Any executive with a role in selling digital or traditional media products.
- Anyone focused on the trends and direction of home and trade services businesses like plumbers, electricians, construction, landscaping and HVAC.
- Franchisors in the home and trade services business.