TV & Cable Advertising and Small Businesses
Small businesses, depending on their profits, invest in television or cable advertising. From search, display, video, contests and social media, TV and cable companies offer a wide range of options for small businesses in local markets. This report profiles the activities and spending intentions of business advertisers that use TV and cable advertising. It uncovers broadcasters and cable TV companies will uncover what other complementary advertising small businesses spend on and use along with their broadcast or cable advertising. It also explains where small businesses use their video ads on digital channels and provides analysis on the trends in use of sales and agencies to manage their advertising and marketing. Also included is a profile of businesses by size and type that advertise in cable or TV for companies. Future spending intentions including future investment in TV and cable advertising and use of advertising products are also covered to help product managers develop products and services that will resonate with business advertisers.
Included in the report on TV or Cable advertising is key data from BIA/Kelsey’s Local Commerce Monitor (LCM) Wave 21 (Q3/2017) survey of small businesses. BIA/Kelsey’s survey tracks more than 50 different advertising products and services that roll up into these 10 top-level groups:
- Online advertising (e.g., search, display ads, blogs)
- Traditional advertising (e.g., direct mail, newspapers)
- Print and online coupons
- Broadcast advertising
- Giveaway items
- Video advertising (e.g., website videos, YouTube)
- Mobile advertising (e.g., search, SMS, display)
- Social advertising (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, promoted tweet)
- Print and digital directory advertising
- Community sponsorships and advertising
Read this report to:
- Uncover products and services that will resonate with businesses that advertise on TV and/or cable.
- Segment small businesses by size and type that advertise on TV and/or cable.
- Track how businesses use video ads on digital channels.
- Understand the full media mix of TV/Cable advertisers.
- Benchmark use and amount of available co-op dollars.
Who Should Read This Report?
- Executives in charge of marketing and/or product development targeted to small businesses
- Senior leaders evaluating opportunities in the small business marketplace
- Any executive with a role in selling digital or cable, TV advertising media products
- Anyone focused on the trends and direction of SMBs that use TV or cable