Plus Spender SMBs TRENDS – LCM Wave 21
A shorter version of our Local Commerce Monitor™ (LCM) Plus Spenders SMB REPORT, the TRENDS report calls out the top influencers in marketing choices for 2017. The Plus Spenders sample focuses on small businesses that spend more than $25,000 annually on advertising and marketing.
Results are from the Plus Spenders Sample of BIA/Kelsey’s Local Commerce Monitor™ (LCM) Wave 21 survey produced the third quarter of 2017.
The trends report identifies the top opportunities for advertising agencies to sell to larger small businesses. Companies that work with larger multi-location small businesses and franchises will find the trends vital for selling marketing services, advertising and marketing software. Leaders in product marketing, sales and strategy will find this report provides vital information on what they should be offering to Plus Spenders.
The Trend Report details data from BIA/Kelsey’s Local Commerce Monitor (LCM) survey of small businesses that spend more than $25,000 a year on marketing and advertising. Included in this 47-page report is key data on the usage and ROI small businesses expect from:
- Online advertising (e.g., search, display ads, blogs)
- Traditional advertising (e.g., direct mail, newspapers)
- Print and online coupons
- Broadcast advertising
- Giveaway items
- Video advertising (e.g., website videos, YouTube)
- Mobile advertising (e.g., search, SMS, display)
- Social advertising (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, promoted tweet)
- Print and digital directory advertising
- Community sponsorships and advertising
Who Should Read This Report?
- Executives in charge of marketing and/or product development targeted to franchises and multi-location businesses
- Senior leaders evaluating opportunities in the small business marketplace
- Any executive with a role in selling digital or traditional media products to small businesses
- Anyone focused on the trends and direction of small businesses
About the Survey
Local Commerce Monitor (LCM) is BIA/Kelsey’s ongoing survey of small and medium-sized businesses conducted. Now in its 21st wave, the survey measures where SMBs are spending their advertising and promotional budgets and how their media usage and spending habits are evolving.
The newest wave conducted the third quarter of 2017 covers over 55+ media and platforms used by SMBs for advertising or promotion. The latest wave also reports on business tools, future spend by product, use of marketing automation and online platforms, as well as tracking for the type of online advertising purchase through traditional media channels.
Survey respondents are marketing spend decision makers who have certified they are the person most responsible for, or having primary influence in, deciding how their business advertises or promotes. The data are weighted to reflect the business census distribution of small businesses by employee count. The data also closely represent the distribution of small businesses by size of market. The survey is executed by an independent research firm using a panel of highly engaged small businesses.