Small Businesses in Home and Trade
Home and trade services small businesses such as locksmiths, home remodelers, plumbers, and electricians value leads and, through advertising channels, the ability to gain new customers. BIA/Kelsey’s report on home and trade services small businesses profiles the advertising and marketing behaviors of this group. Along with what advertising they use, such as direct home, newspaper, print and Internet yellow pages, or text messaging, this report also uncovers opportunity in their future use of both traditional and digital channels as wells as how much they are willing to spend. In the report BIA/Kelsey provides analysis on the trends in marketing and customer communications of home and trade small businesses. Sales teams will benefit from the profiling of home and trade services small businesses to help them sell the right advertising products to this group. Agencies can get a better understanding of home and trade services small businesses their cross channel needs as well as what they are willing to pay for in agency services. Franchisors can understand the needs of this group from a marketing support perspective. In fact, traditional media companies with this report can build effective digital products and services that help extend the reach and investment home and trade services advertisers have in their products.
Included in the report on home and trade services small businesses is key data from BIA/Kelsey’s Local Commerce Monitor (LCM) survey of small businesses. BIA/Kelsey’s survey tracks more than 55+ different advertising products and services that roll up into these 10 top-level groups:
- Online advertising (e.g., search, display ads, blogs)
- Traditional advertising (e.g., direct mail, newspapers)
- Print and online coupons
- Broadcast advertising
- Giveaway items
- Video advertising (e.g., website videos, YouTube)
- Mobile advertising (e.g., search, SMS, display)
- Social advertising (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, promoted tweet)
- Print and digital directory advertising
- Community sponsorships and advertising
Who Should Read This Report?
- Executives in charge of marketing and/or product development targeted to home and trades services like plumbers, electricians, construction, landscaping and HVAC.
- Senior leaders evaluating opportunities in the local consumer leads marketplace
- Any executive with a role in selling digital or traditional media products
- Anyone focused on the trends and direction of home and trade services small businesses like plumbers, electricians, construction, landscaping and HVAC.
- Franchisors in the home and trade services business.