Core SMBs Report- LCM Wave 21
Small businesses make up 90% percent of businesses in the US and their advertising and marketing budgets are diverse. This report examines the opportunity and preferences of small businesses from the Core Sample from BIA/Kelsey’s Local Commerce Monitor™ (LCM) survey.
Our Core Sample focuses on small businesses that spend less than $25,000 annually on advertising and marketing. Companies who sell advertising to small businesses at low cost or directly will find this report vital to shaping their current and future product and selling plans.
The Core Sample report examines key segments of the SMB population, including segments by vertical business category, advertising spend, headcount and utilization of marketing programs. The report also identifies where core small businesses are going to invest their money when it comes to marketing and advertising in 2018. The purchase of this report also includes an hour long analyst briefing with custom insights.
This report details data from BIA/Kelsey’s Local Commerce Monitor (LCM) survey of small businesses that spend less than $25,000 a year on marketing and advertising. The Core Sample represents the bulk of small businesses in the US.
Small businesses in the core sample include businesses that are franchises and in key segments like home improvement, professional services, retail, restaurants to name a few. This report analyzes core small businesses current and future spend on advertising by type as well as other services like sales leads and marketing tools like reputation management.
Key data included in the report includes:
- Online advertising (e.g., search, display ads, blogs)
- Traditional advertising (e.g., direct mail, newspapers)
- Print and online coupons
- Broadcast advertising
- Giveaway items
- Video advertising (e.g., website videos, YouTube)
- Mobile advertising (e.g., search, SMS, display)
- Social advertising (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, promoted tweet)
- Print and digital directory advertising
- Community sponsorships and advertising
Who Should Read This Report?
- Executives in charge of marketing and/or product development targeted to franchises and multi-location businesses
- Senior leaders evaluating opportunities in the small business marketplace
- Any executive with a role in selling digital or traditional media products to small businesses
- Anyone focused on the trends and direction of small businesses
About the Survey
Local Commerce Monitor (LCM) is BIA/Kelsey’s ongoing survey of small and medium-sized businesses conducted. The newest wave conducted the third quarter of 2017 covers over 55+ media and platforms used by SMBs for advertising or promotion. The latest wave also reports on business tools, future spend by product, use of marketing automation and online platforms, as well as tracking for the type of online advertising purchase through traditional media channels.
Survey respondents are marketing spend decision makers who have certified they are the person most responsible for, or having primary influence in, deciding how their business advertises or promotes. The data are weighted to reflect the business census distribution of small businesses by employee count. The data also closely represent the distribution of small businesses by size of market. The survey is executed by an independent research firm using a panel of highly engaged small businesses.