Advertising and Marketing Trends of Franchisees – LCM Wave 19
Based on data from BIA/Kelsey’s Local Commerce Monitor™ (LCM) Wave 19 survey of small and medium-sized businesses, the report, Advertising and Marketing Trends of Franchisees, specifically examines the media and marketing spending behaviors of the SMBs that are franchisees or licensees of a national company. The 48-page report includes analysis and more than 35 data charts, covering key findings such as the adoption of new technologies, top media choices, spending intentions for the next 12 months, engagement with ad agencies and ad budget allocation.
The report, Advertising and Marketing Trends of Franchisees, offers an in-depth analysis of the advertising and marketing intentions of SMBs that are franchisees or licensees of a national company. The report is the latest in a series based on data from BIA/Kelsey’s Local Commerce Monitor™ (LCM) Wave 19 survey of small and medium-sized businesses.
Top findings from the report reveal that 70.6 percent of franchisees surveyed work with an advertising or digital agency, the majority of which are small local agencies. The report also reveals franchisees are accelerating their adoption of new technologies, including some of the newest formats (i.e. sponsored content, native ads and video display ads.)
The 48-page report includes analysis and more than 35 data charts, covering key findings such as:
- Top 10 media used by franchisees for advertising or promotion
- Ad budget allocation by media category and percentage of ad budget allocated to digital
- Spending intentions for the next 12 months and factors determining ad spend
- Use of co-op advertising programs and percentage of marketing costs paid by franchisor
- Engagement with ad agencies, do-it-for-me, do-it-with-me and DIY solutions
- Behaviors related to specific ad formats, including: mobile, social media, customer lists, customer loyalty programs, leads tracking, websites, reputation management, beacons, mobile POS payments and cloud-based services.
Who Should Read This Report?
- Executives in charge of marketing and/or product development targeted to franchises
- Brands and Agencies working for or with franchises
- Marketing, sales and PR who have a role in selling digital or traditional media products to franchises
- Anyone focused on the trends and direction of franchise SMBs
Local Commerce Monitor™ Methodology
LCM is BIA/Kelsey’s ongoing tracking survey of small and medium-sized businesses conducted online with research partner Ipsos. Since 1999, the survey has measured where SMBs are spending their advertising and promotional budgets and how their media usage and spending habits are evolving.
The data regarding franchisees is based on the responses of respondents who self-identified as a “franchisee or licensee of a national company.” Of this group, 45.4 percent are “single location” franchises, with the remainder having two or more locations.